Tamiya 35318 1/35 Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42
About the Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42
During WWII, Finnish forces were very short of adequate armored vehicles such as tanks. Most of the tanks in their possession were obsolete models which were no match for the newer Russian tanks such as the T-34 and KV-1. However, circumstances meant the Finnish Army had to make the most of what was available, and they combined the hull from a captured Russian BT-7 light tank with a new turret armed with the ancient 1918 British 4.5-inch howitzer to create the BT-42 assault gun. It is believed only 18 vehicles were produced during the WWII conflict.
About the Model
- Scale : 1/35
- Construction type : Assembly kit
- Photo-etch parts : Included
- Decals : Included
- Special feature 1 : Crew hatches can be depicted in either open or closed state.
- Special feature 2 : Details including the shortened front fenders, storage boxes on side fenders, and accessories such as jacks have been realistically reproduced.
- Special feature 3 : Photo-etched parts to depict side plates of the mantlet and engine grilles are included.
- Special feature 4 : Comes with a standing crew figure and 3 types of decal markings.