The Wespe - a classic in the Tamiya 1/35 Military Miniature Series (Item 35200) – is back, with updated parts
and new marking options for vehicles that fought on the Italian front. Originally designed as a stopgap but
with a production run of 676, this Pz.Kpfw.II chassis-based howitzer exceeded German expectations. Intended
mainly for infantry support, the Pz.Kpfw.II’s moving turret was replaced with a boxy stationary superstructure
equipped with the Type 18/2 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. While the crew of 5 were not blessed with overwhelming
protection, their vehicle was a mobile threat to Allied forces nonetheless
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 143mm.
• The form of the Wespe self-propelled howitzer is captured with excellent realism.
• Includes new parts recreating stowed MG34 machine gun and ammo case, flare case, communications
equipment, first aid box and more.
• Features assembly-type tracks (Item 35200 uses belt type) allowing depiction of sag.
• Open-top fighting compartment allows inspection of interior details.
• 10.5cm howitzer offers traverse and elevation/depression.
• Comes with 4 figures in action pose – gunner, 2 loaders and commander.
• 2 marking options recreate Wespe vehicles deployed in the Battle of Anzio, the Allies’ amphibious assault
that led to the eventual taking of Rome.
• Marking Option 1: 26th Panzer Division; Marking Option 2: 29th Panzer-Grenadier Division.